It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we have weights populated automatically for TestCases

anoop mc (74811200221) | asked May 08 '12, 2:44 a.m.
Hi,

We have a requirement ie - while uploading test cases from excel to RQM the weight field value (Weight* 100 Points) should be appear on all of the test cases which are uploaded.

By default Weight appears and value used to be '0'

As a part of testing this out I did mentioned a line in the config file

"testcase.category term ="weight".value=D3 (a column in an excel sheet with a numeric value)

After uploading I see a new category by name weight has got created and the D3 value also got reflected.

Now the output is:

I see two Weights ( one a new category ) and other one not sure if that is a category type.

Weight 50 (Category Drop Down)

Weight* 0 Points

I am looking for some expert opinion on this.

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 08 '12, 4:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @amavila,
weight is not set in category, you can use
testcase.weight=D3 (a column in an excel sheet with a numeric value) 

Hi,

We have a requirement ie - while uploading test cases from excel to RQM the weight field value (Weight* 100 Points) should be appear on all of the test cases which are uploaded.

"testcase.category term ="weight".value=D3 (a column in an excel sheet with a numeric value)

After uploading I see a new category by name weight has got created and the D3 value also got reflected.

Now the output is:

I see two Weights ( one a new category ) and other one not sure if that is a category type.

Weight* 0 Points

permanent link
anoop mc (74811200221) | answered May 08 '12, 11:07 p.m.
hi @amavila,

Hi,

Now the output is:

Weight* 0 Points

I have tried the below option and it doesn`t seem to be picking up the values from excel.

testcase.weight=D3 also I tried testcase.weight.value= D3 

neither these code works.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 08 '12, 11:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
which version of RQM Excel Importer are you using?
you can refer to the sample WOW Test Cases.xls in RQM Excel Importer 3.0.1.3 and RQM 4.0 RC2.
this samples contains the syntax of weight, which works correctly on my RQM 4.0 RC2 server and RQM Excel Importer dev environment.
hi @amavila,

Hi,

Now the output is:

Weight* 0 Points

I have tried the below option and it doesn`t seem to be picking up the values from excel.

testcase.weight=D3 also I tried testcase.weight.value= D3 

neither these code works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.