It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SPARQL for ERM/DNG Artifact Count

Brad Morse (235) | asked Oct 13 '22, 1:29 p.m.

I have tried the SPARQL query in the following article to get an artifact count and it does not work (gives 1/0 as result). Does this work for version 7.0.2?

<o:p> </o:p>

It doesn't look like the query needs to change based on environment. So, I'm not sure why it is not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Oct 14 '22, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 14 '22, 4:11 a.m.

HI Brad

DOORS Next 7.x no longer keeps artifact information in the Jena index, and that wiki article is about 6.x - so SPARQL queries no longer return useful results in 7.x.

This article may give you a suitable query for DOORS Next 7.x: UsefulSQlQueries < Deployment < TWiki (jazz.net)

HTH
Ian

Comments
Brad Morse commented Oct 14 '22, 8:27 a.m.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. Will SQL queries work when we are Global Configuration Enabled on all project areas? 

Ian Barnard commented Oct 17 '22, 3:51 a.m.

The query will do whatever the query does, IYSWIM

Brad Morse commented Oct 18 '22, 7:26 a.m.
Where in the ELM tools can I do a SQL query?

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Oct 14 '22, 5:02 a.m.
edited Oct 14 '22, 5:32 a.m.

If you have Lifecycle Query Engine configured you should be able to query there, or may be able to use Report Builder to  generate the query and execute a report for you.

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Oct 14 '22, 5:13 a.m.

NOTE that SPARQL for DOORS Next 6.x is different from LQE SPARQL, i.e. the DN queries in your 6.x article won't work as LQE queries - best to use Report Builder to query from LQE.

Brad Morse commented Oct 17 '22, 1:25 p.m.

Hi Ian,

Above you stated - so SPARQL queries no longer return useful results in 7.x. and here you recommend using a query in Report Builder from LQE. Aren't all LQE queries in SPARQL? I'm confused. Please help me understand.

Brad Morse commented Oct 17 '22, 1:28 p.m.

Also, I can't select a project area that is Configuration Enabled for use with the Data Warehouse. So, not sure if in a GC how I would use a SQL query.

David Honey commented Oct 18 '22, 4:29 a.m.

You can only do configuration scoped reporting using the Lifecycle Query Engine scoped to a configuration data source. You cannot use Data Warehouse for this purpose.

David Honey commented Oct 18 '22, 4:31 a.m.

DOORS Next provides a TRS (Tracked Resource Set - see https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/notes/trs-primer/trs-primer.html) that LQE consumes and indexes. Report Builder generates SPARQL that is executed on LQE SPARQL endpoints.

Ian Barnard commented Oct 18 '22, 6:29 a.m. | edited Oct 18 '22, 6:30 a.m.

I said "so SPARQL queries no longer return useful results in 7.x." - This refers specifically to SPARQL queries to DOORS Next.

The link I gave to a wiki article with useful SQL Queries for DOORS Next are ones you would use directly to the RM database because you want a specific type of information. You would normally not use these routinely, but some occasionally useful queries are documented on that Wiki page.

LQE still uses Jena for indexing, and yes Report Builder for a LQE or LQE with configurations data source still creates SPARQL although you normally don't need to worry about this - modifying the SPARQL is possible but then you have to manually maintain that SPARQL Query.

Data Warehouse isn't configuraiton aware. Yes it uses SQL which is normally generated automatically by Report Builder.
Basically, the easiest way to get data out of LQE is to use Report Builder to create the report from a LQE/LQE with configurations data source. RB reports can count results.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.