It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Did anyone installed CLM 4.0.1.0 without clustering from scratch with WAS and DB2?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Dec 03 '12, 8:06 p.m.
Hello,

I got the following error when I tried to run jts/scr which does not make sense to me. WAS 8.0.3 and DB2 9.7 are used. There is no WAS cluster. The CLM applications are mapped to the IBM HTTP proxy server and the single WAS application server. I don't know why I got the following error.

One extra thing is that the application server is augmented with WXS 7.1.1.1. It sounds like the Jazz codes thinks I am doing CLM clustering as long as it sees the app server is augmented? If so, that sounds a bug to me.

Error 500: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJZS0421E Missing activation code file for feature "ClusterSupport".

One answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Dec 04 '12, 10:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@frankxning: CLM 4.0.1 makes the assumption that if it is deployed in WAS + WXS, then the intention is to cluster CLM.

To resolve your issue, see the Info Center topic Enabling and Disabling Clusters. In particular, see step 3 of "Disabling the cluster".

I've also opened the work item User should be provided information on how to uncluster the server if the activation code file is missing (243422).

Comments
Frank Ning commented Dec 04 '12, 10:47 a.m. | edited Dec 04 '12, 10:53 a.m.

Hi Bo,

I knew how to enabling and disabling clusters:-) The problem is that after I put the key to the server/conf, I get error on jts/setup 2, which says there is a bug in Jazz foundation. I can not continue. I opened a PMR to track this down. I may have to install 4.0.0.1 and then upgrade it to 4.0.1.0 for quick workaround.

Does the assumption make sense? I can setup CLM without doing real clustering, which should allow me to do so without the key. Later on if everything looks good, I can setup cluster from the configured App Server and CLM applications. At that point, I would need the key. The enhancement can be better to check if the Apps are really mapped to a cluster or not.

FYI, I posted the error :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95325/clm-401-there-is-a-bug-in-the-jazz-server-crjaz1579e

Bo Chulindra commented Dec 04 '12, 11:06 a.m. | edited Dec 04 '12, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@frankxning: If you disable the cluster like I described above, then you should not see the error:
CRJZS0421E Missing activation code file for feature "ClusterSupport".
because your CLM will not be clustered. If you no longer see that error but see the error in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95325/clm-401-there-is-a-bug-in-the-jazz-server-crjaz1579e, then it is likely because your JTS cannot connect to the database settings in its teamserver.properties. Please open your teamserver.properties in CLMServer/conf/jts/teamserver.properties and look at the following properties:
com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location
com.ibm.team.repository.db.vendor

These two properties should point to an existing valid database location. If they do not, then that is likely your problem. If the location is Derby and is relative, then this should be fine if your CLM is not clustered. If it is clustered, it must point to a valid and existing non-Derby database.

Frank Ning commented Dec 04 '12, 9:47 p.m.

Hi Bo,

We did not need to manually change the properties file. The jts/setup wizard is supposed to update it. This has been the case for 4.0.0.0 and 4.0.0.1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.