It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Team Areas

dan catrina (1122) | asked Oct 30 '12, 11:41 a.m.
I have a few questions regarding Team Areas and their relationship with the RRC application.
1. I saw that you can create Team Areas in CCM and also read about their role. What I don't know though is, are they just for use in CCM, or does that extend into RRC (&RQM)? And if so, how?
2. I haven't found a way to create a Team Area in RRC. In CCM for example you can create it from Manage This Project Area -> and in the left of the Overview tab you would have Team Area Hierarchy. This is not present in the Overview tab of the RRC project area.
3. If your answer will be that you can't create Team Areas in RRC, I'm wondering about a few things that I find confusing.
In the Permissions tab of RRC  you have Team Configuration and some stuff related to Process.
How do Team Areas relate to processes in RRC? Are the latter just text descriptions of how the teams are to operate, or do these have inherent linkages/functions w/in the CLM?

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 30 '12, 5:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dan,

Creating a team area is available in RRC.  The team areas are used to assign ownership to folders and artifacts on the RRC server.  The team areas are created in the Overview section as you've described (by going to "Manage This Project Area" -> "Overview".  There is a Team Area Hierarchy section on the right side of the page and a "Create Team" button that lets you create a new Team Area.  See this topic for information on permissions for requirements projects.  Hope it helps,

Comments
dan catrina commented Oct 31 '12, 5:15 a.m.

I think I posted the same questions in an other topic. You can only answer here. 

I don't have the Team Area Hierarchy section on the right side of the page, is there a certain template I should use for the RRC project? 
I have CLM version 3.0.1.2.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 31 '12, 5:17 a.m.

This is new in 4.x, I think. In 4.x also RQM starts to use team areas and timelines as I recall.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 31 '12, 5:19 a.m.

BTW: Please start telling the version you use in questions. It was easy when there was only RTC 1. These days it is impossible to answer without the specific server and client version.

Benjamin Silverman commented Oct 31 '12, 7:35 a.m.

Yes, as Ralph stated, the team area based security is new to RRC 4.0.  Sorry for the confusion.

dan catrina commented Oct 31 '12, 10:07 a.m.

Ok, so Team Areas aren't available in version 3. Can you please debate a bit regarding point 3 of my initial question. How do Team Areas relate to processes in RRC...Is there any connection between the Team Areas created in CCM and the process of RRC? Also, what are the things you can configure in the "Team configuration" if you can't have a team in RRC?

permanent link
Bruce Korn (1912) | answered Jan 18 '13, 4:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Dan..there is an extended example regarding permissions for requirements projects in RRC in the following help topic:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

It is a bit long, but there is a lot of useful info in it which I hope will at least answer some of your questions.

Please have a look and let us know if this helps (or does not help.)

Thanks!

Bruce Korn
User Assistance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.