It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visibility of work itens in the Project Area and Team Areas

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Oct 15 '15, 10:40 a.m.
Hello,

I have a Project Area called "Company" and team areas called "Subsidiary1" and "Subsidiary2". Well, I'd like that members of team areas could see only work itens created for your team.

My questions are:

1. If I am member of a team area, how could I create a work item to my team automaticaly? Is there a way to setup the "category" associated with a team area automaticaly?

2. How to restrict the member of team area to see the project area dashboard? What configuration must I do to permit the member should see only the dashboard of the team area? Is it possible?

3. Member of "Subsidiary1" can not access the work itens of "Subsidiary2". Is it possible?

I tried to do this creating categories and associating with team areas, restricting the access, but it didn't work. Even if I am a member only of a team area, when I login into RTC, I see the dashboard of the project area and I can access whatever work item.

Since now, thanks for any tip.

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Oct 15 '15, 10:57 a.m.
edited Oct 15 '15, 10:57 a.m.
 Hi Luiz,

1. Have you tried to use some script value based rule to fill the category field?

2. I don't think it's possible. If you really need to have this rule, maybe you are looking to use separated project areas and no team areas.

3. As far as I know, you can achieve this using different categories.

Att.

Tiago Moura - OneForce Consultant

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Oct 15 '15, 1:00 p.m.

Thank you, Tiago.

About question #2, if RTC allows to create a dashboard to the team, why not to restrict the access of team members only to dashboard of team area?

Tiago Moura commented Oct 15 '15, 1:26 p.m. | edited Oct 15 '15, 1:27 p.m.

I do not have a tech answer for that, but my opinion is:

Collaboration and visibility are two of the main principles of RTC. So, inside of one project area we have very weak mechanisms to restrict visibility between teams.

Att.

Tiago Moura - OneForce Consultant

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.