It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copying project settings to a new project area gives ERROR: Error 400: SRVE0295E: Error reported: 400

Elena Ljuseva (18277) | asked Sep 26 '12, 9:52 a.m.

On rqm 3.0.1.3v I want to copy project setting from an already existing project area to a new created project area. I was using this link 

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_copyproject.html

I'm getting following error:

Putting settings file to location "https://rqm3.0.1.3:9443/jazz/sec
ure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/project/CommonProject/settings"
ERROR: Error 400: SRVE0295E: Error reported: 400

I did actulay first tried this command from our test environment which is on 4.0v and the settings were copied without any error.

Is there  any defect on CopySettings.bat file on 3.0.1.3v?

Any suggestions what i'm missing here.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 27 '12, 8:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like others have reported similar errors when their project names have been too long or complex (with spaces or parentheses).  See RQM CopySettings utility has troubles with project alias' that are too long and complex. (61373).  Is your project name long or complex?

Comments
Elena Ljuseva commented Sep 27 '12, 9:08 a.m.

Thanks for the link it is useful and expalins exactly what I experience.

My project area alias is CompanyName+Projects%28Quality+Management%29

Do you know whether role name has any impact when copying project settings? I'm asking this because the source project area is created since RQM 2.0v and the default role is testmanagement. The target project area is created few days ago and the default role name is Test Team Member. This is the only difference I see. As I mentioned copying project settings is working on test environment where both the source and target projects area are created on 3.0.1v and both have default role named Test Team Member.

From the link I understood that there was defect related to copySettings.bat file and probably not so much with the role names.

Is there any fix for this issue for 3.0.1.3v?

Thanks

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 27 '12, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unable to copy test artifacts to remote server using RQMCopyUtility (59896) says the workaround is that when you use "(" or ")" in combination with a space character you need to use "+" for the space, which it looks like you're doing.  RQMCopyUtility Errors trying to copy a 2.x migrated project from a 3.0.1.1 production environment to a 3.0.1.1 Test (64632) may also give you some tips.  I'm not sure if there is a fix for the issue in 3.0.1.3.   You could ask if there is in copySettings does not copy settings to or from project areas with parenthesis "(" ")" (66489).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.