It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dynamic queries in RTC Web Client

Arnold Cruz (16414031) | asked May 08 '12, 1:44 p.m.
Hi All,

Is there a way to create a dynamic query similiar to ClearQuest where it will popup a window to the user when they execute the query and enter a value to filter?

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

6 answers

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 08 '12, 2:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arnold,

When you create a query and add a condition by choosing a specific parameter, there is an icon at the top right of the condition which says 'Enable Input of Condition Values when Query is Run' (beside the close X icon in red). By enabling this option, you can provide input dynamically to the query.

Hope that helps.

Shashank
RTC - Tracking and Planning

Hi All,

Is there a way to create a dynamic query similiar to ClearQuest where it will popup a window to the user when they execute the query and enter a value to filter?

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 08 '12, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arnold,

When you create a query and add a condition by choosing a specific parameter, there is an icon at the top right of the condition which says 'Enable Input of Condition Values when Query is Run' (beside the close X icon in red). By enabling this option, you can provide input dynamically to the query.

Hope that helps.

Shashank

Hi All,

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

permanent link
Arnold Cruz (16414031) | answered May 11 '12, 8:25 a.m.
Is the "Enable Input of Condition Values" only in the eclipse client? I can not find it in the web client.

Thanks again in advance.

-Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Hope that helps.

Shashank

Hi All,

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 11 '12, 2:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arnold,

Actually the feature is not available in RTC 3.x (which I assume you are using now) but is being planned for RTC 4.0. You can either download a beta at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/ or test it out on the sandbox at https://jazz.net/development/sandbox/

Shashank

Is the "Enable Input of Condition Values" only in the eclipse client? I can not find it in the web client.

Thanks again in advance.

-Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Hope that helps.

Shashank

Hi All,

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 11 '12, 2:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC-4.0, this is supported in the web client (but only for attributes that support that functionality ... not all do).

Cheers,
Geoff

Thanks again in advance.

-Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Hope that helps.

Shashank

Hi All,

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

Comments
Yehiel Glass commented Dec 02 '13, 9:17 a.m.

Hi,

I use 4.0.3
On Eclipse - I get the popup when running the query, but on Web - I need to select the value when setting the widget and not when running the query..

Is there a way to get the popup window when running/ entering to Web so it will be dynamic ?

Thanks. 

permanent link
Arnold Cruz (16414031) | answered May 14 '12, 10:23 a.m.
Thanks!

In RTC-4.0, this is supported in the web client (but only for attributes that support that functionality ... not all do).

Cheers,
Geoff

Thanks again in advance.

-Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Hope that helps.

Shashank

Hi All,

Thanks again in advance.
-Arnold

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.