It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

creating patch from snapshot difference

Vivek Pandey (1011211) | asked Jul 23 '10, 2:18 a.m.
Can I create patch (the set of files / artifacts bundled together physically) of all the files included in the all change sets which are nothing but difference of 2 snapshots.

to make it easier, when I compare 2 snapshots, I get list of change sets. Can I bundle all files together for the change sets and copy it some other location out of RTC repository ?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 23 '10, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can I create patch (the set of files / artifacts bundled together physically) of all the files included in the all change sets which are nothing but difference of 2 snapshots.

to make it easier, when I compare 2 snapshots, I get list of change sets. Can I bundle all files together for the change sets and copy it some other location out of RTC repository ?

You can select all the change sets in the Change Explorer and select New -> Patch from the context menu. It might be easier to switch to files view to select all the changes if they span multiple components.

Hope that helps!

permanent link
Vivek Pandey (1011211) | answered Jul 26 '10, 8:54 a.m.
will this allow me to select all the files and copy them to flat filesystem out of RTC repository ?

Comments
Hooch Holly commented Sep 11 '12, 11:17 a.m.

Is this possible? Can I select all changesets, create a patch, and then copy them to a flat file system outside of RTC?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.