It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we change Test artifacts originator name using Rest API in ETM?

Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj (27218) | asked Feb 19, 12:55 a.m.

Hi,

is there a possibility to change originator name by any chance in test artifacts? We have a script that creates test cases automatically but we need specific originator name to be used for specific test artifacts. Would it be possible to change during creation / after creation using Rest API?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Thiru 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 19, 3:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not an expert for all APIs, but my experience is, that you can not change attributes such as creator, creation date etc. after they have been set. I know that the EWM Plain Java Client Libraries allows to set the creator attribute when a work item is created. This is used by integrations. 

I would suggest you try to provide the creator when you create the asset using the API. If that works great. 

Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thiruvenkadam Dhanaraj commented Feb 19, 4:55 a.m.

Sure. Thank you Ralph Schoon. 

Would it be possible to consider this request for changing the creator / originator using APIs in future? or it was designed not to edit in future as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.