It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom OSLC domain - is it possible?

Dmitry A. Lesin (24826996) | asked Nov 30 '23, 1:43 p.m.
edited Nov 30 '23, 1:46 p.m.

Hello!

Is it possible to define custom OSLC domain and custom link types for communication with Jazz tools?
For example, we work in DOORS Next Generation v7.0.2 and want integrate the tool with our external custom solution to be able to create custom OSLC links to/from its artifacts. For the integration, we want to use integrating capabilities of both tools based on OSLC specifications.
I mean, I would like, for example, to define domain of kind as oslc_my (similarly to pre-defined oslc_qm), and be able to link DNG artifacts with the external artifacts by links of custom link type called My Special Link To/From.
Is it possible to do something like the description above?
Form the perspective of implementation, I would like to be able to describe the external tool in some Root Services Document, define the tool as a friend of DNG, create an association in a project area of DNG and see the custom link type when I will create links from a DNG artifact.
Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29347) | answered Jan 02, 10:49 a.m.

DOORS Next Generation has integrations with CM, AM and QM tools that are fixed in the implementation. To integrate some other domain with DOORS Next, you need to specialize one of the domains already supported, and then can use the link types of that domain to link with requirements. Generally oslc_am:Resource is used for this, and that does limit the available link types for linking with requirements. Note that DOORS Next expect the AM tool to store these links.

Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Mar 19, 12:51 p.m.

Thank you very much! I think that we will go this way described by you in the direction of building AM-based type of adapter.

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Mar 19, 12:52 p.m.

Thank you very much! I think that we will go this way described by you in the direction of building AM-based type of adapter.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 20, 3:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You might want to have a look at the Eclipse Lyo project. 

One other answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29347) | answered Nov 30 '23, 2:38 p.m.

Yes, that is all possible. I suggest the you explore the OSLC Developer Guide and in particular the Sample OSLC adapter for IoT platform which shows how to use eclipse/Lyo Designer to define a new domain model, create an implementation of a toolchain component, and integrate with ELM applications including DOORS Next. 

Comments
Andrew Berezovskyi commented Nov 30 '23, 3:44 p.m. | edited Nov 30 '23, 3:47 p.m.
Hi Jim,

I would too be interested in the part around "be able to link DNG artifacts with the external artifacts by links of custom link type called My Special Link To/From." Could you please point me to docs on defining custom link types, please (not on the side of an OSLC friend but on the Jazz side to accept/create them).

https://oslc.github.io/developing-oslc-applications/iotp_adaptor/artifact-container-associations.html seems to indicate only a fixed number of link types is available, even less than defined in the OASIS OSLC specs.

Thanks,
Andrew

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Dec 01 '23, 7:49 a.m. | edited Dec 01 '23, 7:53 a.m.
Hello Jim,

Yes, we used the mentioned documents but they describe a process of integration with Jazz based on standard OSLC domains. We have already a working version of OSLC adapter that can be integrated with DNG artifacts using Validated By link. Do you mean that if we will re-design our Toolchain model describing the solution as we need, then DNG will automatically recognize new OSLC domain and suggest new link type instead of Validated By one?
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.