It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing ReqIf Module-can't locate imported artifacts

Rachel Heck (1711) | asked Aug 11 '17, 2:45 p.m.

I'm in DNG 5.0.2. I created a ReqIF definition for a module. I then exported that and created a .reqifz file. I went into another project and from the Artifacts menu, I imported that file and choose a module to put the artifacts in. The report says that the import was successful, but when I look in the module I specified, the artifacts aren't there. And actually I don't see them anywhere in the project. Any ideas what I could be missing? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (57727) | answered Aug 14 '17, 12:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The report should tell if, and how many artifacts were imported.

- You write that you create a ReqIf that only contains a module  (including the artifacts inside that module of course)
- You cannot import a module into another module.
When choosing to import requirements from a ReqIf into an existing module, only the artifacts that are not contained inside a module hierarchy in this ReqIf will be imported into the module you choose to import into.

So in your case most likely the module itself, with its artifacts, is being imported. So upon import, a new module should have been created with the original module name and that new module should contain the module artifacts.

If you want to export the module artifacts only and import thse into another module, you should export the core artifacts without the module to ReqIf.

Rachel Heck selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.