It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

arabic character issue while exporting test cases

ahmed bayoumi (134) | asked Jan 22 '17, 7:52 a.m.

When exporting the Test cases as PDF or as CSV the arabic charecters are not getting dsiplayed

please can any one help

Regards

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 23 '17, 1:44 a.m.

If you are talking about RQM, as you mentioned "Test Cases", it should be about specifying correct fonts for the export.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/171005/how-can-i-fix-gibberish-output-in-csv-and-pdf-export-from-rqm-while-using-hebrew-language-characters

If you are talking about RDNG, as you tagged the post with "rational-doors-next", I cannot see the same issue in my own RDNG 6.0.2 environment - the content in the PDF looks the same as in the Web GUI, in Arabic.

Comments
ahmed bayoumi commented Jan 23 '17, 3:50 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '17, 3:52 a.m.

Thank you very much for your help
but the Arabic language not in language list in the QM advanced properties
could you please help me to add this language

Donald Nong commented Jan 23 '17, 8:17 p.m.

If it's not there, it can mean that it is not officially supported. In this case, you can try to change the default font for English to one that supports Arabic.

permanent link
Joao Carusi (263314) | answered Feb 01 '17, 8:25 a.m.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your help. Just for the record.  The problem was resolved "by changing the default English Font to KacstBook "

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21405315

You must specify the font, based on locale, in multiple settings. These settings are found in the Jazz Server Administration -> Advanced Properties page, in the RQM Integration Component section, under com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.fop.FOPService. The default font for each locale is Helvetica, which does not contain every character/glyph for each language. The server administrator must specify the desired font for each locale that will be generating PDFs. This does not require a server restart.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.