It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does JRS require directional labels on a custom link to allow joins from both directions?

Robert Huet (23113984) | asked Jan 26 '16, 7:24 p.m.
 I have defined a custom link type in DOORS Next 5.0.2 which does not have separate directional labels (only has the one label for both directions).  When I try to join the two artifacts in the JRS Report Builder using "Traceability Links", I only get data back when I approach the join from one direction.  When I try to drive the report from the other direction, I get no data back.

By contrast, if I try the same thing with artifacts linked together with a custom link type that has separate directional labels, I can drive the report from both sides, using the appropriate directional label.

Is this a known issue/limitation in JRS or is there something else going on with my configuration?  I will play around some more in a sandbox to see if I can validate, but was wondering if anyone had run across this.
Thanks,
Robert

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Jan 27 '16, 1:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.