It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0 : Exporting all test case sections and categories and create xml file in required format

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Jun 01 '15, 2:54 p.m.
  i have done some exploration to to access the Test case sections and categories. As per my understanding  there are two ways , one is  'Rest API' and and OSLC(V2).

Requirement: 
Test case i have created in RQM has more than 15 sections including some customs sections and categories. my requirement is to access all these sections and create an XML file as per the format of the testing tool  this xml going to be as an input for. can someone tell by is it possible to access all the sections [including categories] because i am not sure about custom sections? and if it is feasible then which method should i use whether OSLC or Rest API ? Thanking in Advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jing Qian (12632) | answered Jun 09 '15, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Yes, you should be able to access all the sections and categories even the customized ones via Reportable REST API.
For the customized section, you need to have content in those sections in order to see any results in the output.

I'm not exactly sure what do you mean by convert the data to the required xml format?  What is the required xml format? I believe QM does have xml schemas published for our Reportable REST api on the various test artifacts.  If you want to write some tools, you could use the QM xml schema as the input to convert to the format you wanted.
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Jing Qian (12632) | answered Jun 02 '15, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You want to use Rest API, as it reports much richer information than OSLC api in RQM 5.0

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jun 03 '15, 12:44 a.m.

Thanks Jing.
I have a doubt whether i will be able to assess all the sections and categories or not and second i am getting data in xml format that is not the same my third party tool accepts, so i am wondering how i will convert that data from output xml file format to  required xml format ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.