It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How comes "Could not delete backlink to object 0"?

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked May 08 '15, 9:17 a.m.
Hi,

I have RQM 5.0.2 with a DWA connection to Doors 9.6.0.1.
Testplans have views linked as requirement collections and test cases are linked to requirements.

Now if I save my Doors module, I get the following message:
Could not delete backlink to object 0: 'OSLC resource retrieve failed with HTTP code 404'

Is this somehow connected to this issue?

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/176934/which-parts-in-rqm-need-an-update-when-saving-a-doors-classic-module-with-a-view-linked-to-a-testplan
(see accepted answer).

Regards
Jochen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 12 '15, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 404 is "Not found" so I am not sure if this is related to the answer. Did you try?
Jochen Staack selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '15, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not found means, that the object at the other end of the link could not be found. Have you tried to open the link? Could it be that the object has been deleted?

Jochen Staack commented May 12 '15, 4:38 a.m.

There shoudn't be a link to a deleted item. The problem is, that there are hundreds of links from this Doors module to RQM and vice versa. So how could I find out?
And besides that, the link of a testplan to a view is not directly traceable/viewable like links from test cases to requirements.

Any idea?

Maeve OReilly commented May 12 '15, 8:11 a.m.

I suspect what you are actually dealing with is a side effect of DOORS defect PM97394: When saving, users are prompted to login to RQM when a module is opened in Read-only mode and then switched to Edit mode.  

It was fixed in 9.6.1.1. 

If you first open the module in exclusive edit mode (not readonly) do you experience this?  

Jochen Staack commented May 13 '15, 2:37 a.m.

The error is not shown after opening the module directly in exclusive edit.
Hoping this bug does not affect the database integrity.

Maeve OReilly commented May 13 '15, 4:14 a.m.

It doesn't impact data.  It impacts people, drives us crazy!  So you can workaround it in your version by first opening in exclusive edit mode.  And schedule a client upgrade.  Fixing this does not require a DWA or server upgrade, just the DOORS client.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.