It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

importing a template to jazz from RPE

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked Feb 07 '15, 8:42 p.m.
edited Feb 07 '15, 9:13 p.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
Hello, 
When I import a template from RPE 1.1.2.2 To QM 5.0.1 it shows only the data source selection and there is not way to run the report with my final design as I have it on RPE, why it looks diferent? and it won't show my format design as I have It in RPE?

THANKS 

3 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 08 '15, 8:34 a.m.
edited Feb 08 '15, 8:34 a.m.
If you are referring to configuration of datasources, it should be done through metadata configuration in RPE studio. You may refer the article https://jazz.net/library/article/1137

Do you mean stylesheet when saying "format design"?

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Feb 09 '15, 1:47 a.m.

so should I include variables? I have data sources configuration with fixed queries, and fixed filters, and when I run the report the only thing that I can see is the image attached instead to see my format designed with logo, boxes, headers, etc. 

Thank you!

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 09 '15, 1:52 a.m.

You should see them in the document (output). Could you please go ahead and generate document?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Feb 09 '15, 1:05 p.m.

when I run it, using * on each box I got this now:

uri must be absolute and not opaque

permanent link
Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | answered Feb 24 '15, 11:59 a.m.
 Any idea how to fix this??

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Feb 25 '15, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rafael,

When you import an RPE template onto the server, all data sources and (external) variables become parameters of the report.  Values for these parameters are required (indicated by the * beside the parameter name), so your report won't run until you enter values for them.  For a data source parameter, you are expected to enter the full URL, just as you would when configuring the data source in RPE.  That's why it failed with an error when you entered "*" as the value. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.