It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Errors installing CLM 5.0.2 on POWER8/Linux

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Feb 02 '15, 6:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

I am experimenting with a POWER8 server using Linux. 
[root@xxxx linux.gtk.ppc]# uname -a
Linux xxxx.yyy.uk.ibm.com 3.10.0-123.el7.ppc64 #1 SMP Mon May 5 11:18:37 EDT 2014 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

I have downloaded the Web Installer, and the full repo for CLM 5.0.2 but when I run the silent install script:

./installc -acceptLicense -showVerboseProgress -input silent-install-server2.xml --launcher.ini silent-install.ini

results in
-bash: ./installc: /lib/ld.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

I suspect this is a library problem - but not sure how to fix this

Any suggestions?

many thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 03 '15, 6:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 03 '15, 6:03 a.m.
The problem was more a linux problem than a CLM problem.

CLM and its installation requires various libraries to be installed, and my machine was a very bare server.  The specific problem was caused by a failure to find certain libaries, in this case, using yum to install the library got past that problem ( yum install /lib/libd.so ).

This is a basic Linux server setup, so I also had to install the following:

yum install gcc
yum install libgcc_s.so.1

Now the installation runs to completion.  I now have a problem where server.startup fails - but that is another issue.

Hope that helps someone else using a POWER8 server with Linux (very fast machines these POWER8's - can't wait to be running CLM on them)

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.