It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Importer Test Script Requirements

A Ridenour (825) | asked Jan 30 '15, 2:44 p.m.
I am trying to import a Test Case with multiple Test Scripts into RQM using the RQM Excel Importer. So far, I have been able to successfully create a Test Case and then create and link all Test Scripts to that Test Case.

I now need to link each step of each Test Script to a requirement artifact that is validated by the step. However, some cells in the Excel sheet have multiple requirement artifact IDs listed in the following format:

Requirement Artifact 1
Requirement Artifact 2
Requirement Artifact 3

When they are imported it concatenates each "individual" item. Is it possible to split the cell during the import so that three separate requirements are linked to the Test Script Step?

I have already checked the box that allows Test Scripts to be linked to requirements.

The format of the Excel file:

Test Script Name 1            Affected requirements              Step desc.                Expec result
                                         Affected requirements             Step desc.                Expec result

Test Script Name 2            Affected requirements             Step desc.                Expec result

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 01 '15, 9:12 p.m.

Why not split the cell before the import? I believe the importer treats each cell as an artifact. If multiple requirements are allowed in one cell, how about multiple test scripts, multiple test cases and etc? You see that it just becomes unnecessarily complicated.

A Ridenour commented Feb 06 '15, 10:21 a.m.

Donald,

Thanks for your reply. The motivation to have it read multiple artifacts in one cell was to avoid having to write a script or create a process to split the cells in each test document. We're dealing with a lot of scripts and multiple people will be working on uploading them, so it would be ideal to make it a "one-config, one-button" process as there would be less margin for error.

It makes sense though that the tool is limited to treating each cell as an artifact--but unfortunate!

Thanks again.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Feb 17 '15, 4:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Splitting data in a cell is not supported in ExcelImporter so currently this is not supported.
A Ridenour selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.