It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOS error message

Christina Mattoon (3611210) | asked Apr 29 '09, 3:18 p.m.
I've installed RQM V1.0.1.1 locally on XP as I don't have a project server yet. When entering the DOS command install_samples.bat /a project /s https://localhost:9443/ /u ADMIN /p ADMIN rather than importing the XML file from samples/classics I'm getting this message in DOS:
ERROR: &lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 Error report&lt;/&lt;title&gt;&lt;style&gt;&lt;!--H1 {font-family:tahoma,ariel,sans-serif;color:white;background-color#525d76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Ariel,sans-serif;color:white;background -......<u>the resource identified by this request is only capable of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the request &quot;accept&quot; headers &lt;&gt;.......
This occurs which each XML object that it tries to import and thus NO artifacts are imported into my RQM project.

One other small detail which may have no bearing: when Tomcat starts up there is a message &quot;INFO: XML validation disabled&quot;. I'm stuck; cannot go any further in the tutorial until I can import the XML. Anyone seen this before?

3 answers

permanent link
Justin Kutticherry (161) | answered Apr 30 '09, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Christina,

If you are installing the samples to the default project area, the command should look like this:

install_samples.bat /a Quality+Manager /s https://localhost:9443/ /u ADMIN /p ADMIN

Is that what you had?

permanent link
Christina Mattoon (3611210) | answered Apr 30 '09, 11:25 a.m.
Yes, I did that....and what I wrote is the result that you see. For some reason there seems to be a Tomcat issue around the characters in each XML file. I've called Partnerworld and they saw it with some imports, others worked. None worked for me. Me thinks I'll uninstall and return to 1.0.1 until 1.0.1.1 is more stable. Thanks for your response! :roll:

permanent link
Christina Mattoon (3611210) | answered Apr 30 '09, 11:26 a.m.
Yes, I did that....and what I wrote is the result that you see. For some reason there seems to be a Tomcat issue around the characters in each XML file. I've called Partnerworld and they saw it with some imports, others worked. None worked for me. Me thinks I'll uninstall and return to 1.0.1 until 1.0.1.1 is more stable. Thanks for your response! :roll:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.