It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the same license server for Doors and Insight

jean-claude vauthier (22634957) | asked Apr 11 '14, 10:03 a.m.
Hello,
-  Doors 9.5.2.1 + Doors Web Access works fine taking the license on the license server.
-  IBM Rational License Key Administrator 8.1.4 is used

When adding Insight floating license on the same license server with this version of License key Administrator, it looks like existing Doors licenses disappear and it is not possible to launch Doors anymore.   Insight works.

Is it required to modify manually the file "rational_server_perm.dat" to make it work ?

Thanks

Jean-Claude

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 11 '14, 12:08 p.m.
Hello Jean-Claude,

maybe that could be due to the fact the the Insight licenses and DOORS licenses are using 2 different vendor daemons (ibmratl and telelogic), so the manual merge might indeed be required:

Merge license files
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rational/v0r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.license.doc/topics/t_merge_lic_files.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
jean-claude vauthier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Apr 11 '14, 12:44 p.m.

Yes probably, because in the files I download I have either "VENDOR ibmrat" or "VENDOR rational".

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 11 '14, 10:30 a.m.
edited Apr 11 '14, 10:33 a.m.
Hello Jean-Claude,

as far as I know when you generate a license from the License Key center you have to specify the Host ID of your license key server. If this server has other licenses generated the file you download should contain all of them.
You can check by opening it in a text editor.
Then you can use License Key Administrator (LKAD) to load them to the license server.

See:
Activating Rational Insight licenses
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_lic_tasks.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Apr 11 '14, 10:57 a.m. | edited Apr 15 '14, 12:51 a.m.

Hum, 

If this server has other licenses generated the file you download should contain all of them.

Unfortunately not. 

OK, I will modify the file manually.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.