It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Frequent crashes RMBrowserAddon 4.0.2.0_0

Maarten Sies (123) | asked Jun 13 '13, 3:53 a.m.
Although I like the tool I am really disappointed with the frequent crashes of the browser add-on when I am using the editor. While using it, it crashes every few minutes as though almost becoming unusable (although I have gotten used to pressing the save button every 20 seconds or so).

I have not found any other complaints about this on the forum so I figured it must be a local problem. I have reset my browser (Firefox ESR 17.0.6) to factory defaults and disabled all other add-ons but I keep having the same problem. The error code is ID CRRRW8000E

I have been sending dozens of crash reports back to the team so I am hoping they can give me some pointers on how to resolve this. Some more details:
About the Requirements Management Application
Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 4.0.2 RJF-I20130222-1204
Requirements Management - Core Libraries 4.0.2 I20130222_1706

About the Rational Jazz Team Server
Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 4.0.2 RJF-I20130222-1204

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Jun 13 '13, 4:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Maarten,

Can you clarify what you mean by "sending dozens of crash reports back to the team"? If you're referring to the standard browser popup (ie, Mozilla Crash Reporter) that appears allowing you to send a crash report, that's going to the browser manufacturer and not the RRC product team. We will not have received any of those.
While we have addressed several hang/crash issues in prior releases, I can still see other work items for such issues, some of which were fixed in 4.0.3.
I would suggest looking at the article to which Michelle De Armas referred you. Specifically the section about Trace / Logging. And try to note the specific types of actions and editor/artifact type you were working with at the time of the crash.

One answer

permanent link
Michelle De Armas (2612) | answered Jun 13 '13, 11:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello, Have you reviewed the information in this jazz.net article? It may contain information to assist you with your issue.
 https://jazz.net/library/article/1088

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.