It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I return the number of RTC Work Item children with an attribute value to Focal Point?

Sue Fitzwater (122) | asked Jan 22 '13, 6:04 p.m.

I have an integration between Focal Point and Rational Team Concert (RTC).  I can successfully create an Integration link, but I need an attribute to return the number of RTC Work Item children matching a given attribute (Flags attribute is set to Blocked).

I am open to suggestions, but thought it would be easier to run a Focal Point XPathValueFetcher to the RTC linked form to search its children.

I referenced the XPathValueFetcher business rule on IBM site

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.fp.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_xpathvalue_businessrule.html  and other notes to create the following expression

=XPathValueFetcher('RTC Integration Link Attribute',"/rtc_cm:com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem.children/?oslc_cm.properties=rtc_cm%3Aflags%7B*%7D","//rtc_cm:flags/dc:children[text()]","Flags","run_at=1")

It returns the linked RTC work item and its summary, but not the number of children with the Flag attribute. 

The Focal Point attribute is type:  text

Any thoughts?  Should I do some kind of summary in RTC and set it to an RTC attribute first?  (If so, I need help on that approach as well.)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.