It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0.1: jts/setup does not work for "Non-LDAP External Registry"

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Dec 28 '12, 11:35 a.m.
edited Dec 28 '12, 11:39 a.m.

Hello,

This is the 1st time I am trying to use "Non-LDAP External Registry" for some special purpose.

On Step 5 "Setup User Registry", I chose "Non-LDAP External Registry" and I used the WAS Admin Login ID in the "Create an administrative user for yourself in the Jazz Team Server" section on jts/setup page. The "User ID" match the one used to login jts/setup. However, when I clicked "Next", I got the following message, which confuses me since I am doing "Non-LDAP External Registry" setting.

"You need to be authenticated as a user from LDAP to import your user and assign licenses. Ensure the application container settings are configured correctly for LDAP, restart the server, and log in with a user from the LDAP directory to continue.".

In the SystemOut.log file of the WAS App Server, I only see the following:

"00000023 UserManagerMB I com.ibm.ws.wim.management.UserManagerMBean processEvent CWWIM6008I  Received event 'websphere.usermanager.fileregistry.change' from the deployment manager."

System Information:

1) OS: RHEL 6.3 X64 (vmware 8 VM)

2) App Server: WAS 8.0.3 without clustering

3) Database: DB2 V9.7 FP7 for Linux X64

Everything is on the same RHEL 6.3 X64 VM. The 5 Jazz groups were created within WAS and mapped to the ccm,qm and jts applications. The login user is an WAS Admin and in JazzAdmins group as well. No LDAP is involved. Local file repository is used in WAS for user registry.

One answer

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Dec 28 '12, 12:01 p.m.

Even the following article is about the LDAP setting, I applied it which let me pass the error. I did not get the classNotFound error though. It is weird regarding how this fixed my issue but it just did. Posted here as FYI if you encounter the same issue.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21587363

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.