It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HTML Text on Rational Publishing Engine document?

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Dec 20 '12, 11:50 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '12, 12:54 p.m.
Hi

I have made a document on RPE using data from RTC.
Some fields in the RTC are "Large HTML" or "HTML" so they contain text with a specific format like bold, italic, etc.

When I run my document on the RPE it shows like this :

<'b'> We<'/b'> will provide <'b'>Services<'/b'> (as defined above) to <'b'>You<'/b'> in support of the <'b'> Customer <'/b'>.

(please remove the ' ' )
Instead of showing like this :

We will provide Services (as defined above) to You in support of the Customer

Is there a way to convert the plain text into html text or rich text?

Comments
Marina Hartley commented Feb 06 '13, 10:57 a.m.

I don't have an answer for this one, but I have this issue as well.  I've found that it occasionally messes up the rest of the formatting in the document as well.

Cesar Sasaki commented Feb 06 '13, 11:05 a.m.

Hi Marina
This issue has been resolved in the new RPE, using the version 2 of the templates by using a new mode called "HTML input/outpu".
Now, the downside is that V2 templates are not available for CLM 4.0.1 yet. It will be supported in the next release of CLM I suppose.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Rosenthal (10135) | answered Apr 18 '13, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 18 '13, 1:03 p.m.
Just a clarification to Cesar's last comment...  RPE version 2 templates that were introduced with RPE v1.2 DO work with CLM 4.0.1 and actually any version of CLM as there is not a dependency on RPE template versions to CLM product versions.  What Cesar is specifically talking about is that RRDG in CLM 4.0.2 (just released) and older does not support RPE version 2 templates.  Basically what this means is that you cannot upload a version 2 template to the CLM servers to publish a document from the Jazz web clients.  You CAN use RPE's Launcher to generate version 2 templates from CLM.

An upgrade to RRDG in CLM is actually currently scheduled for CLM 4.0.3, but that is of course subject to change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.