It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight-RTC - ETL OOTB - Run jobs only for a project

Renato Mori (10012330) | asked Nov 15 '12, 10:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 16 '12, 10:06 a.m.
We deployed an ETL OOTB integrate an RTC V3.0.1 server with Insight 1.1. 
The Jobs reads the data of all the projects but I need to know if is there 
any way to execute the job limiting it to an specific server's RTC project (only one). 
Do you know if it's possible?

3 answers

permanent link
Hopeshared Lee (1121) | answered Nov 21 '12, 9:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can open XDC file, e.g. workitem301.xdc.
You will be able to find that there are several resource groups in RTCWorkItem, each resource group will be pointing to a repository.
You can simply delete the resource groups that you don't want to run ETL from this tool. Backup you XDC file before deletion.

permanent link
Renato Mori (10012330) | answered Nov 22 '12, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for your help, but...
I have only one Resource group, witch gets all the data for all PAs from one server.
And I need to filter the data for some PAs, in that server.
Here's a image of the XML Data Conf I have.
Data Configuration.

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Nov 22 '12, 11:25 a.m.
This is likely not supported so proceed with caution.

Step 1: Find the the project area item id.  One easy way to do this is to go to the "Manage this Project Area" page and copy the itemId attribute value from the URL you land on. 
Step 2: Edit the applicable Data Manager Fact Builds.  As a specific example, open the RTC_Workitem3 fact build, open the Data Source properties dialog, go to the Query tab and append

AND and projectAreaItemId='<the value you found in step 1>'

to the end of the query. 
You'll need to repeat step 2 for all Fact Builds you are interested in, but note that not all of the queries will support a projectAreaItemId column (like RTC_WorkitemLink3).

I have not tried this in an ETL run, but the queries work as expected when executed from Data Manager. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.