It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project picker grayed out when I tray to move a Work Item to another project area in the Web UI?

Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | asked Aug 14 '12, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Exploring CLM2012 - the 4.0 version I ran into the following problem.

1. When I try to copy or move a work item to another project area with a normal user that is in the JazzUsers repository group, the picker for the target project area is grayed out and I can't perform the move.
2. When I try this with a user in the JazzAdmin repository group the picker dialog is not grayed out, and it works.
3. It works for the normal user that is in the JazzUsers repository group in the Eclipse client.
4. This was consistent with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

What is going on? Do I need to be administrator for the Web UI to allow this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 14 '12, 7:35 a.m.
I found the issue. This solved it::

After clearing the browser cache and logging in again the picker was available and the move worked.

Additional questions:
1. You don't need o be Administrator or in the JazzAdmin group to do the copy in the Web UI nor the Eclipse UI.
2. You need sufficient permissions to delete work items in the source project and to create and modify the attributes required in the destination project (project area and target team area).
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jiong Xie commented Aug 14 '12, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Ralph I tried it as you indicated here, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '12, 8:19 a.m.

Jiong, make sure it worksin the eclipse client for the user. Then clear the cache and more and more of the browsing history, preferable if the user is logged out. Log back in and try again. I cleared less with Firefox (just the cache) and more with IE (everything) so it might depend on the browser too.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '12, 9:08 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.