It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Forge windows install does not allow selection of cygwin

frank malin (3287) | asked Aug 01 '12, 12:10 p.m.
I am installing a build forge agent on windows machines : win-bfagent-7.1.2.000016.exe
   - windows 7
   - windows xp
I have cygwin installed on the machines.

When the install panel:" IBM Rational Build Forge Agent Configuration" panel appears, the "Enable Cygwin Support" is greyed out, and can not be selected.

I've read: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_rtcz_agent_install_win.html

Is there something that must be done so that the install knows that cygwin is on the system?
It has been a while since I installed cygwin on the machine, and assume that i had taken the default values for the installation, is there special install options (other than the DOS/text line ending) that need to be selected?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Brauneis (50611) | answered Sep 17 '12, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Is this the first time that you are installing the Build Forge Agent on this machine or is this an upgrade scenario? 

I believe that you can adjust those settings after the installation by modifying the bfagent.conf file. You can find the reference for it at the following location: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bldforge/v7r1m3/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.buildforge.doc%2Ftopics%2Fagent_configure_bfagent_conf.html
frank malin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
frank malin commented Nov 07 '12, 4:26 p.m.

Thank David. I see the conf file and will make modifications to the file to support cygwin in the future. Since I could not get this to work out of the box, we had went with using bat for some of the work

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.