It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Forge builds occasionally hang up in RTC

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Jul 24 '12, 3:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When running my Build Forge builds in RTC, sometimes the builds appear to hang, and they will not start again until I cycle the RTC server.  What is causing this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 24 '12, 3:59 p.m.
 There is a known problem with the Java libraries around sockets that can cause the socket to not clean up correctly.  This is particularly prevalent in high latency environments.  The sockets will time out, but will not be cleaned up.  These sockets will stack up until the integration fails due to its inability to acquire new sockets.  This is also a way to verify the problem.  Check the sockets associated to the RTC server and see how many exist.  Currently there is no workaround short of cycling the server to restart the JVM which will reclaim the sockets, or manually terminating the leaked sockets.  Contact support for a patch to fix the problem if the problem persists and becomes unmanagable.
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael DiFulvio commented Aug 13 '13, 2:39 p.m.

Has this issue been repaired in a later release of RTC? I am seeing this on RTC v3.0.1.4. Or is there any specific configuration changes that will mitigate the issue?

----mikeD348

Spencer Murata commented Aug 13 '13, 3:39 p.m.

This defect was tracked under: Requests to Build Forge server occasionally hang (194898)

It has been fixed in 4.0.3 and up. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.