It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Infinite Redirects if Trying To Access a DM App - Why?

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Jul 19 '12, 10:30 a.m.
edited Jul 19 '12, 10:34 a.m.
Hi,

I setup CLM2012 along with DM V4 M9 but I am getting the following message in Firefox if trying to access a DM app from the home menu (e.g. its dashboard):
The page isn't redirecting properly   
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
I suppose this is due to an infinite/cyclic redirect. Opera is a bit more verbose in reporting an error here:

The URL was redirected to https://rrc.polly.boeblingen.de.ibm.com/dm/web/projects/JKE%20Banking%20(Design%20Management). Please click the link to go there.

Is this a known issue? What could be the root cause?

This is my environment:

CLM 2012 V4 GA installation incl RM, CCM, QM
WAS 7.0.0.19 ND where RM, CCM and QM reside on different nodes (JTS and the LPA Admin app resides on the CCM node)
Rational Design Management V4 M9 (RSA flavor) which resides on the RM WAS node

These are my context roots:

• clm4-ccm
  • clm4-admin
  • clm4-jts
  • clm4-rm
  • clm4-qm
  • clm4-converter
  • clm4-clmhelp
  • rdmhelp
  • dm
  • vvc

Comments
Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Jul 20 '12, 6:41 a.m.

In the meantime I was able to figure out that a standalone CLM 2012 + DM V4 M9 installation based on Tomcat and Derby does not expose the infinite browser redirect issue. So it looks like this is a WAS-specific issues which I actually have been able to reproduce multiple times...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Jul 20 '12, 12:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an open defect for this issue: defect 32097
Daniel Stefan Haischt selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.