It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on closed items in a plan

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked May 29 '12, 10:12 a.m.
I have few workitems in the plan which are closed but still they are showing up in open workitems. They show an information icon at the left stating "The plan item is not yet ranked". What does this mean and how to correct so that it doesn't reflect in open items.

4 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 29 '12, 10:00 p.m.
Hi,
Have you chosen the filter to leave out "Resolved items"? Edit the filter and choose it so that closed items will not be displayed. Which plan mode are you using? - Is it the ranked items view?

Thanks.

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered May 30 '12, 6:32 a.m.
Hi,

I don't think its something to do with excluding "Resolved Items" though I tried but it showed the same. It always shows "Plan item is not yet ranked " .What does this mean? I am viewing in 'Work Breakdown' mode.

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 30 '12, 7:27 a.m.
Please check the Config data -> Planning-> Plan attributes section to see the attribute set for ranking. Its to rank the items - you can use either priority or severity etc as applicable. This is to support agile ranking and corresponding plan view. Its not an error though.
Once you filter the resolved items, the closed ones shouldn't appear in the view.

Thanks.

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered May 31 '12, 7:59 a.m.
well, my question is I am seeing the closed items as open items even though there status is done. In a plan, in work breakdown, I see users and associated tasks. It shows as 2 open and 1 closed task even though if those 2 tasks have status as done.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.