It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Register new services using the Plain Java API

Marco Berger (144) | asked Jan 16 '12, 5:05 a.m.
Hi everyone,

I am trying to register new services I want to use to get a list of all ProjectAreas programming with the Plain Java API. Here the snippet of code which does not work:

private IInteropAdminRestClient adminRestClient;
private List<IInteropProjectAreaDTO> projectAreaDTO;
private IInteropConnectionFactory CONNECTION_FACTORY;
private IAuthenticator authenticator;

I also imported the required packages. While running the program I try to create instances of these classes. Using this code:

this.adminRestClient = (IInteropAdminRestClient) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IInteropAdminRestClient.class);
this.projectAreaDTO = (List<IInteropProjectAreaDTO>) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IInteropProjectAreaDTO.class);
this.CONNECTION_FACTORY = (IInteropConnectionFactory) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IInteropConnectionFactory.class);
this.authenticator = (IAuthenticator) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IInteropRestClient.class);

What I get back is always "null". I figured out that this must have something to with these services not being registered in the framework. There for a plugin.xml is required. How can I create such a plugin.xml whithout creating new plugin project? Is there an other way to get this running?

Thank you for your answers!

btw: I am programming client-sided using RTC 3.0

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.