It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

rtc 3.0.1 install on iseries jdbc error

Dan Howard (122) | asked Oct 18 '11, 3:26 p.m.
retagged Jun 23 '12, 5:31 p.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Running on system i5 v5r4m0 with WAS 7.0.0.19. Trying to set up database connection (DB2 on i) for jts and getting the following error:

The driver "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.ID CRJAZ0808I

When I run repotools-jts.sh -verify I can connect fine.

I am assuming the path to my jar file needs to be inserted someplace but I can't find anything in the install doc to specify where.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Oct 20 '11, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dan,

In WAS you need to have a Java VM property to specify the location of the JDBC driver.

In the WAS Console:
1. Go to Servers -> Server Types -> Websphere application servers
2. Select your server
3. Under Server Infrastructure expand Java and Process Management.
4. Select Process Definition.
5. Under Additional Properties select Java Virtual Machine.
6. Under Additional Properties select Custom properties.
7. Make sure you have a property with name "DB2I_JDBC" and value "/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib", without the quotes for both name and value. If you don't create that property and restart WAS.

Running on system i5 v5r4m0 with WAS 7.0.0.19. Trying to set up database connection (DB2 on i) for jts and getting the following error:

The driver "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.ID CRJAZ0808I

When I run repotools-jts.sh -verify I can connect fine.

I am assuming the path to my jar file needs to be inserted someplace but I can't find anything in the install doc to specify where.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

permanent link
Sylvia Brown (2633) | answered Oct 20 '11, 5:18 p.m.
I have an installation on a Windows server. I installed JTS and CCM (and yes, I completed the setup) and have no errors in the Diagnostics or anywhere with regard to that application. However, when I got to create a project, I get the error that there is no application installed for CCM.

In the CCM Status Summary I do have the error, "CRJAZ2052E There is no friend to the Jazz Team Server configured." However, this shouldn't be an issue because CCM does not have to be listed as a "friend". I also have a ton of CRJAZ1972E errors for what looks to be every possible service.

Note: I did uninstall the RM and QM components. Could this have messed up the CCM component in some way?

This is a new installation, not an upgrade. It is CRITICAL that I get this resolved immediately. Can someone help me out please?

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 20 '11, 7:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not an IBM i expert...although this is probably more of a general installation issue that just happens to be on IBM i. But anyway, my comment is because of your statement 'It is CRITICAL that I get this resolved immediately'.

If I were you I would not be banking anything that is critical being resolved in a timely manner via this forum. We all try to help out as best we can but there are no guarantees that come with the forum. For anything critical I would also be opening a PMR with the IBM support center before I tried the forum. You may get lucky and things are resolved quickly via this forum but if not, you do have guarantees via a PMR.

Guy

permanent link
Sylvia Brown (2633) | answered Oct 20 '11, 7:26 p.m.
I am not an IBM i expert...although this is probably more of a general installation issue that just happens to be on IBM i. But anyway, my comment is because of your statement 'It is CRITICAL that I get this resolved immediately'.

If I were you I would not be banking anything that is critical being resolved in a timely manner via this forum. We all try to help out as best we can but there are no guarantees that come with the forum. For anything critical I would also be opening a PMR with the IBM support center before I tried the forum. You may get lucky and things are resolved quickly via this forum but if not, you do have guarantees via a PMR.

Guy

Thanks for your response, Guy. Actually, I don't know why this post was added to this thread because this has nothing to do with IBMi and it was supposed to open as a new topic. I reposted it separately, as well. Regardless, posting to the forum was one of many attempts that I made to get resolution. I'm opening a PMR now. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.