It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Update I fix 5 2.0.1 PLEASE HELP!!!

Cesar Sasaki (511289129) | asked Oct 22 '10, 9:57 a.m.
Hi Guys , i am new on the forum and also new with the Rational Tools.

I just installed the Rational Quality Manager Standart Version 2.0 in a WINDOWS SERVER 2003 O.S.

A had downloaded the I Fix 5 update.
But when i got to Instalattion manager , make it a repostitory in references with the disk taf of the "Ifix5". I go to "UPDATE" and it said that instalattion manager can not find any update for Rational Quality MANGER.

Please help me guys!!!

2 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Nov 03 '10, 1:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The iFix download is a full installation of RQM. It is not a fix pack to apply on top of your already existing install.

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 06 '10, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Guys , i am new on the forum and also new with the Rational Tools.

I just installed the Rational Quality Manager Standart Version 2.0 in a WINDOWS SERVER 2003 O.S.

A had downloaded the I Fix 5 update.
But when i got to Instalattion manager , make it a repostitory in references with the disk taf of the "Ifix5". I go to "UPDATE" and it said that instalattion manager can not find any update for Rational Quality MANGER.

Please help me guys!!!

Hi,

2.0 and 2.0.1 are the only "full install" copies of RQM available for download. Everything else (such as 2.0.1 iFix05) is a fixpack which needs to be installed in combination with (or on top of) a "full" install" copy of RQM.

Also -- there is no "in-place" upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.0.1.x. Moving from 2.0.x to 2.0.1.x is similar to moving from 1.x to 2.x (you need to export your data, uninstall the old version, and then install the new version).

If the goal here is to deploy the latest release of RQM (2.0.1 iFix05), the 2.0 disks will not help you. You can delete those. Download and extract the following:
* RQM 2.0.1 (3 disks)
* RQM 2.0.1 iFix05 (1 disk)

If you have existing data in 2.0 that you want to keep, export it via "repotools -export". Then uninstall 2.0.

In IBM Installation Manager > File > Preferences > Repositories, add two entries:
1) RQM 2.0.1 (disktag.inf in the RQM_SETUP folder)
2) RQM 2.0.1 iFix05 (disktag.inf in the disk1 folder)

Click OK to save changes, then click "Install". You will be prompted to install RQM 2.0.1 iFix05.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.