It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAMSession thread safe?

Bas Pluim (611) | asked Jun 04 '10, 9:40 a.m.
To improve performance, I'd like to use a single RAMSession object across multiple threads. This is for strictly for read-only queries. Any concerns with this approach?

Note that I'm not looking for an absolute declaration of thread safety here. But a reply in the form of "well I've been doing it without problems for the past 6 months" or "the system was designed to work that way", that'd be helpful by itself.

Thanks!

Bas.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered Jun 04 '10, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I do not think you will have problems performing read only actions on the RAM API in multiple threads. We did intend for it to be used this way. Internally as well as other partners and customers have used it this way with no know issues.

However, we do not have a full regression suite in place, so we cannot claim official support for this use case.

To improve performance, I'd like to use a single RAMSession object across multiple threads. This is for strictly for read-only queries. Any concerns with this approach?

Note that I'm not looking for an absolute declaration of thread safety here. But a reply in the form of "well I've been doing it without problems for the past 6 months" or "the system was designed to work that way", that'd be helpful by itself.

Thanks!

Bas.

permanent link
Bas Pluim (611) | answered Jun 04 '10, 11:21 a.m.
I do not think you will have problems performing read only actions on the RAM API in multiple threads. We did intend for it to be used this way. Internally as well as other partners and customers have used it this way with no know issues.

However, we do not have a full regression suite in place, so we cannot claim official support for this use case.

Thanks for the prompt reply Kevin, much appreciated!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.