It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM repository is not the correct version error.

Revathi Subramanian (369) | asked May 15 '10, 3:56 p.m.
I ran into the following problem after a successful setup of RAM 7.2.0.2 on a WAS ND 6.1.0.29 cluster. I got RAM 7.2.0.2 from the external site. I am using DB2 Enterprise Dev Ed 9.7.1

I used the ram setup application to install and configure RAM. The installation was successful. When I go to the RAM web UI, I see this:

The Rational Asset Manager repository is not the correct version. Contact your Rational Asset Manager administrator to notify them about this problem. If you are the administrator, when you log in you will be taken the migration page.

I was doing a clean install of RAM in that I had uninstalled previous versions.
If I continue by logging into the the RAM web application, I get this error:

An error occurred during implicit system action type "2". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-206", SQLSTATE "42703" and message tokens "RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT".. SQLCODE=-727, SQLSTATE=56098, DRIVER=3.58.82

Is the problem my version of DB2? Here is the trace:

javax.faces.FacesException: #{pc_Register.doRegister}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: com.ibm.ram.repository.security.RAMEntitlementException: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException: QE select:"RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT" is not valid in the context where it is used.. SQLCODE=-206, SQLSTATE=42703, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:79)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:302)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:419)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:77)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:220)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:91)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:197)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1152)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1087)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.security.RAMServletFilter.doFilter(RAMServletFilter.java:418)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.filters.GZipFilter.doFilter(GZipFilter.java:42)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:837)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:680)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:588)
at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:525)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:751)
at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:126)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)
Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: com.ibm.ram.repository.security.RAMEntitlementException: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException: QE select:"RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT" is not valid in the context where it is used.. SQLCODE=-206, SQLSTATE=42703, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:131)
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:73)
... 36 more
Caused by: com.ibm.ram.repository.security.RAMEntitlementException: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException: QE select:"RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT" is not valid in the context where it is used.. SQLCODE=-206, SQLSTATE=42703, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.AbstractUser.init(AbstractUser.java:302)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.AbstractUser.reinit(AbstractUser.java:233)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.AbstractUser.initializeIfNeeded(AbstractUser.java:263)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.RegisteredUser.isRegistered(RegisteredUser.java:231)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.SecurityManager.logoutUser(SecurityManager.java:485)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.security.Login.refreshUser(Login.java:311)
at pagecode.includes.Preferences.refreshUser(Preferences.java:112)
at pagecode.includes.Preferences.modifyUser(Preferences.java:89)
at pagecode.secure.Register.doRegister(Register.java:63)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:127)
... 37 more
Caused by: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException: QE select:"RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT" is not valid in the context where it is used.. SQLCODE=-206, SQLSTATE=42703, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.BaseRAMSchemaAccess.createRepositoryException(BaseRAMSchemaAccess.java:1905)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.BaseRAMSchemaAccess.throwRepositoryException(BaseRAMSchemaAccess.java:1896)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.BaseRAMSchemaAccess.getResourceGroup(BaseRAMSchemaAccess.java:6280)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.SecurityManager.getConsoleGroup(SecurityManager.java:697)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.RegisteredUser.postInit(RegisteredUser.java:126)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.security.AbstractUser.init(AbstractUser.java:294)
... 50 more
Caused by: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException$RepositoryLinkedException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ro: "RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT" is not valid in the context where it is used.. SQLCODE=-206, SQLSTATE=42703, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ed.a(ed.java:676)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ed.a(ed.java:60)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ed.a(ed.java:127)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.c(tm.java:2523)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.d(tm.java:2511)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.a(tm.java:1991)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.g(fb.java:140)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.a(fb.java:40)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.t.a(t.java:32)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.ub.i(ub.java:135)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.fb(tm.java:1962)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.nc(um.java:2989)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.b(um.java:3760)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.Zb(um.java:673)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.executeQuery(um.java:647)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:681)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.JDBCAdapter.executeSelect(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.ConnectionWrapperImpl.executeSelect(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.queryengine.QueryEngineImpl.executeReadQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.queryengine.QueryEngineImpl.executeSelect(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.MediatorImpl.getGraph(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.sdo.mediator.jdbc.MediatorImpl.getGraph(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.BaseRAMSchemaAccess.getResourceGroup(BaseRAMSchemaAccess.java:6271)
... 53 more
Caused by: com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException$RepositoryLinkedException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: An error occurred during implicit system action type "2". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-206", SQLSTATE "42703" and message tokens "RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT".. SQLCODE=-727, SQLSTATE=56098, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ed.a(ed.java:679)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.d(tm.java:2511)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.a(um.java:2893)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.a(fb.java:189)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.b(fb.java:83)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.t.b(t.java:69)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.vb.c(vb.java:242)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.kc(um.java:2884)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.nc(um.java:2990)
... 64 more
Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: An error occurred during implicit system action type "2". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-206", SQLSTATE "42703" and message tokens "RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT".. SQLCODE=-727, SQLSTATE=56098, DRIVER=3.58.82
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.ed.a(ed.java:679)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.a(tm.java:2018)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.n(fb.java:802)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.i(fb.java:259)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.fb.c(fb.java:54)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.t.c(t.java:44)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.ub.j(ub.java:147)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.tm.hb(tm.java:2013)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.um.b(um.java:3819)
... 63 more

4 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered May 16 '10, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
DB2 9.7 has added more security settings. At a first glance, this looks like permission problems on the DB.

From the control center, right click on the RAM DB, and select Authorities. On the dialog that comes up, make sure to set/add the uid RAM is using to access the DB, and enable the DBADM authority ... the migration will require (in some cases) to change RAM tables and what not.

permanent link
Revathi Subramanian (369) | answered May 16 '10, 5:32 p.m.
In my case, I was connecting to the database as the database instance owner db2inst1 from the RAM setup application. The setup worked fine. I did look at the Authorities tab in Control Center, and db2inst1 is a valid user with DBADM authority.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 17 '10, 5:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you pointing to an existing database from an older RAM, or a brand
new database created from the same 7202 installation files that you used
to install.

This tells me that the database is not valid.

A -206 says that it is looking for the column
RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE.RR_ENTITLEMENT. But that column doesn't exist
in your database.

If you had created a valid brand new 7202 installation, including the
database, then that column should exist.

Go to your database and append the results of the following query:

select * from ramschema.configuration where config_key =
'ram.repositoryVersion'

Also verify that your RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE table looks like this
structure:

CREATE TABLE "RAMSCHEMA"."REPOSITORYROLE" (
"ID" INTEGER NOT NULL ,
"NAME" VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL ,
"RESOURCEGROUPID" INTEGER NOT NULL ,
"TEST_DATA" VARCHAR(3000) ,
"ROLE_TYPE" INTEGER NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT 0 ,
"DESCRIPTION" VARCHAR(512) ,
"RR_RELATE_KIND" BIGINT NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT 8 ,
"RR_ENTITLEMENT" BIGINT NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT 0 )

Rich

permanent link
Revathi Subramanian (369) | answered May 18 '10, 12:12 p.m.
I had dropped my old database on DB2 9.7.1 and recreated a new database using the Database scripts included in RAM 7202 install files.

When I issue the command,
select * from ramschema.configuration where config_key = 'ram.repositoryVersion'

I see the following
ram.repositoryVersion 7.2.0.2.v20100201

However the RR_ENTITLEMENT column does not exist in the RAMSCHEMA.REPOSITORYROLE table.

Am not sure how this happened. The database creation script has the column in it. Will recreate the database and give it another go. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.