It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM UI Language change to German not working

Bernd Eberhardt (61) | asked May 05 '10, 8:16 a.m.
I want to change the RQM UI language to German. The browser (FF) laguage is set to German (no additional language) and the server installation includes the German language pack. RQM version is 2.0.1.

The result so far is that some parts of the UI (Login and a few messages on the main dashboard) are in German, but most of the UI remains English, for example the Action Bar.

Is there anything missing in my setup?

Regards
Bernd

2 answers

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered May 05 '10, 5:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to change the RQM UI language to German. The browser (FF) laguage is set to German (no additional language) and the server installation includes the German language pack. RQM version is 2.0.1.

The result so far is that some parts of the UI (Login and a few messages on the main dashboard) are in German, but most of the UI remains English, for example the Action Bar.

Regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

If you did not install the Germain language initially, but installed it later, you probably need to reset the server. You would need to follow the instructions as if you upgraded the server (which you basically did).

I went through this process just now on a server (adding a language after the initial install) and my experience was just like you are describing. Once I requested a server reset, shut down and restarted the server, the language support was there.

For instructions on upgrading the server, you can look at the steps when upgrading a server by installing a fixpack. Note that I am NOT saying you need to install the fixpack!
For the server resetting instructions, see: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.1iFix1?p=upgrading

Regards,
Frank McGrath

permanent link
Bernd Eberhardt (61) | answered May 06 '10, 4:53 a.m.

Regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

If you did not install the Germain language initially, but installed it later, you probably need to reset the server. You would need to follow the instructions as if you upgraded the server (which you basically did).

I went through this process just now on a server (adding a language after the initial install) and my experience was just like you are describing. Once I requested a server reset, shut down and restarted the server, the language support was there.

For instructions on upgrading the server, you can look at the steps when upgrading a server by installing a fixpack. Note that I am NOT saying you need to install the fixpack!
For the server resetting instructions, see: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0.1iFix1?p=upgrading

Regards,
Frank McGrath

Hi Frank,

as fas as I remember, I had initially installed the German language pack. However, I requested a server reset anyway. Unfortunately the reset changed something in the Tomcat service and RQM responded with a 404 message. However, starting the RQM server with the server,startup.bat worked. After a reinstallation of the RQM Service (rqm.service.bat), the service came back to life and I can login again.

The positive end of the story is that the UI is now in German and I have deployed the iFix1!

Thanks and best regards
Bernd

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.