It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delete manual user entry from LDAP managed user registry

Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | asked Mar 31 '10, 10:40 a.m.
We had inadvertently added a user to RTC using the Create User button in the web UI and now we cannot find the user in our server to make any corrections.

This has hindered us from importing the user from LDAP and there appears no way around this. The LDAP nightly sync does not appear to have addressed this either.

We get the error below when trying to import:

Problem occurred during user import
CRJAZ1317I User with the same user id "xxxxx@uxxxx.com" already exists.
existing user: "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorImpl@336c336c (stateId: , itemId: , origin: <unset>, immutable: true) (contextId: , modified: 2010-03-30 19:54:34.468, workingCopy: <unset>) (mergePredecessor: null, workingCopyPredecessor: <unset>, workingCopyMergePredecessor: <unset>, predecessor: null) (emailAddress: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, userId: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, name: User Name, archived: false)"
new user: "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorImpl@60876087 (stateId: null, itemId: , origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>) (contextId: , modified: null, workingCopy: true) (mergePredecessor: null, workingCopyPredecessor: <unset>, workingCopyMergePredecessor: <unset>, predecessor: null) (emailAddress: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, userId: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, name: XXXX X. xxxxxxxx, archived: false)"

Is there a way to correct this via the application or do we need toremove the user directly from the database?

Also, if we are using LDAP as a user registry, why would the "Create User" button be enabled on the web ui?

9 answers

permanent link
Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | answered Apr 16 '10, 9:52 a.m.
Any thoughts on this, or do I need to go into the database and remove the offending created User Id?

We had inadvertently added a user to RTC using the Create User button in the web UI and now we cannot find the user in our server to make any corrections.

This has hindered us from importing the user from LDAP and there appears no way around this. The LDAP nightly sync does not appear to have addressed this either.

We get the error below when trying to import:

Problem occurred during user import
CRJAZ1317I User with the same user id "xxxxx@uxxxx.com" already exists.
existing user: "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorImpl@336c336c (stateId: , itemId: , origin: <unset>, immutable: true) (contextId: , modified: 2010-03-30 19:54:34.468, workingCopy: <unset>) (mergePredecessor: null, workingCopyPredecessor: <unset>, workingCopyMergePredecessor: <unset>, predecessor: null) (emailAddress: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, userId: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, name: User Name, archived: false)"
new user: "com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorImpl@60876087 (stateId: null, itemId: , origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>) (contextId: , modified: null, workingCopy: true) (mergePredecessor: null, workingCopyPredecessor: <unset>, workingCopyMergePredecessor: <unset>, predecessor: null) (emailAddress: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, userId: xxxxx@uxxxx.com, name: XXXX X. xxxxxxxx, archived: false)"

Is there a way to correct this via the application or do we need toremove the user directly from the database?

Also, if we are using LDAP as a user registry, why would the "Create User" button be enabled on the web ui?

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Jun 02 '10, 12:24 p.m.
Hi we have the same issue, did you fix it and how ? thanks

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Nov 15 '10, 12:13 p.m.
We are having the same problem

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Nov 15 '10, 12:55 p.m.
We figured out that we had to switch LDAP managed realm on WAS console to WAS managed realm first and then deleted the users and switched back to LDAP realm again

We are having the same problem

Comments
Naveen Prasad commented Sep 19 '13, 7:03 a.m.

Great

Can you please explain, how exactly you went about cleaning up the users?, it would be a great help for us.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 19 '13, 7:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This blog shows how to use the API to change the ID of users you can actually also add the AI call to delete the user ID as well. http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/ The post also refers to the tech note http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470141 that describes how to do this manually. This should allow you to change the user Id and archive the user. Then you can sync in the correct user.

If the user has done work, you might want to think about fixing the user ID and e-mail to match LDAP so that the current user is in sync with LDAP and will stay that way in the future.

permanent link
Darshan Patel (7133) | answered Sep 19 '13, 7:44 a.m.
Hi Ralph, The probelm for us is that users of JTS are not getting synced with CCM. We have JTS and CCM running as a seperate JVM. We renamed few users and archieved them using http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470141 We tried all the tech notes available on jazz.net related to syncing issues but the problem is still not resolved. According to my understanding, JTS is trying to sync the users to CCM but it somehow founds it in CCM and hence not importing it. When we try to import the user manually, it throws that the user is already exists. So i think we need to remove those users from CCM. The above comment shows that we have to do some changes in WAS console. We are using WAS as application server.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '13, 7:54 a.m.

Darshan, I would suggest to open a separate question. Trying to ask about a completely different topic in an ongoing question does not make sense and usually does only confuse readers of the thread.

If you managed to get JTS and CCM out of sync e.g. due to a inconstistnet restore from a backup (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM ), you will likely not be able to recover from that without reaching out to support.

permanent link
Darshan Patel (7133) | answered Sep 19 '13, 8:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph, Aplogies for this. But if i understand this correctly then this post also talks about deleting the users from LDAP managed user registry. We also want the same thing. We saw Clement Liu (Nationwide) commented that they did some changes in WAS console and deleted the users which resolved their problem. We just wanted to know what exact changes are needed.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '13, 8:11 a.m.

Each application JTS, CCM, QM (not RM) has its own user managment. JTS syncs the users to the other apps. You would have to try to connect to CCM and try to get rid of a user. You could try to use the Technote mentioned above to do so. Not sure it will solve your issues, really.

JTS tries to create new users in CCM if it thinks the user is not already there. This should not happen, because when this was introduced in 3.x you would have merged the user base in the upgrade. Another reason why this could happen is a wrong DB restore, where JTS is restored to a point in time before the state of the CCM DB, now tries to create a new user that it already created in RTC prior to the restore.

I am not sure what your situation is but I would suggest to get in contact with support anyway, in order to avoid trying to fix something with the wrong measures and ending up with more problems.

permanent link
Darshan Patel (7133) | answered Sep 19 '13, 9:17 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. We have some inconsistency with JTS and CCM user management. We have some missing users in CCM as compare to JTS. In other words, we have some users in JTS as active users but they are not visible in CCM. When we try to manually import them in CCM, we are getting error that user already exist. We have not restored DB from last 6 months or so.

We already have support PMR open for it but wanted to see if we get any resolution in the jazz forum.

permanent link
Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | answered Sep 19 '13, 10:52 a.m.
My initial inquiry was for RTC 2.x.  A subsequent LDAP syc actually corrected our issue.  My questions does not apply to CLM (JTS and RTC)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.