It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Filter a enum attribute based on the value in another enum attribute

Niklesh Mudiraj (2613) | asked Sep 02, 5:27 a.m.

is there any way to limit an enumeration pick list based on the value of another enumeration attribute in the same artifact at time of artifact creation/edit ?

Below is the use case example,

Artifact “X”, Attribute “Domain” (single select enumeration, text list, Data Type “Domain Data Type”)

Attribute "Sub Domain”, (multiselect enumeration, text list, Data Type “Sub Domain Data Type”).

• “Domain” attribute data: Domain A, Domain B, Domain C, Domain D
  • “Sub Domain” attribute data: Domain A1, Domain A2, Domain A3, Domain B1, Domain B2, Domain C1, Domain D1, Domain D2, Domain D3, Domain D4, Domain D5, Domain D6

Examples of Use Case:

• “Domain” attribute value =  “blank”, therefore “Sub Domain” = “blank” (i.e. “no value available” - there is no Domain, therefore there is no Sub Domain to pick).
  • “Domain” attribute value =  “Domain A”, therefore “Sub Domain” pick list filtered to “Domain A1, Domain A2, Domain A3” (i.e. only show the Sub Domain(s) that are related to the Domain value).
  • “Domain” attribute value =  “Domain C”, therefore “Sub Domain” pick list filtered to “Domain C1” (i.e. only show the Sub Domain(s) that are related to the Domain value).
  • Etc.

One answer

permanent link
Robyn Riley (153) | answered Sep 03, 12:26 p.m.

Currently this functionality is not available in DNG, but my employer would also like this feature added to the tool.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.