It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About DNG floating license

Jacky Ng (15133) | asked Jul 24, 9:35 p.m.

If I have a single user floating license of DNG, can I install it onto the company server and also the VM server at the same time? If yes, which server should be set as floating license server?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.6k217) | answered Jul 24, 11:25 p.m.
No - but you can install it onto one of them and point both instances to that one.

In terms of availability you would be best to install on the company server and point your VM server to that
Jacky Ng selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jacky Ng commented Jul 24, 11:58 p.m.
Thanks for response, Please let me know if my understanding is correct or not.
1) Install the IBM DNG software and set up the floating license server on the company server.
2) On the VM server, install the IBM DNG software, but instead of setting up a local license, you'll configure it to use the floating license from the company server

Daniel Moul commented Jul 25, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the interest of clarifying assumptions: You don't need a separate license server if your DOORS Next Analyst licenses are floating user licenses. You use the Jazz Team Server (this  is different for DOORS Next compared to DOORS 9). If you have multiple Jazz Team Servers deployed you can designate one as the license server for all JTSes.

Davyd Norris commented Jul 25, 11:14 p.m.

As Daniel said in his final line above - you can designate the JTS from your company production DNG instance as the license server for all your instances. The company DNG server will use its own JTS with no other configuration, and the VM instance will be pointed to the company JTS. When you do this, you'll need to approve this connection on the company server, but then both servers will use the same pool of floating licenses

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.