It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 703 How to force module deletion that don't want to be deleted?

Michael Sweger (1311) | asked Apr 22, 8:23 a.m.
I  have DNG 7.0.3 and while learning about this tool, I created three modules using CSV imports.
They are all the same but with slight changes trying to get CSV imports to work.

At the time, I didn't know what to do with the paragraphBinding attribute until I found a weblink that discussed it.
But what I had initially did was export my DOORS Classic module to CSV and modify that for use to import into DNG.
I copied the DOORS Classic Object Number attribute content to the paragraphBinding attribute in my revised CSV file to be used to import into DNG and then imported.   It didn't do what I had expected. Thus I tried to delete the module and DNG will not let me delete the module and it will eventually timeout after about 25 minutes or so. During the delete process, the windows task manager shows no network and disk activity although the cpu is loaded down.

I'd think if DNG didn't like the paragraphBinding content that it would complain on import. So I don't know if the module is corrupt in some way, although I can open and read what data got imported without errors appearing.
The total number of lines is abou 1800 requirements.

The DNG diagnositcs says everything is working correctly. The repotools help says one can add/delete table, but nothing on how to specify the specific module table for the Derby DBMS.

My last resort would be to uninstall and reinstall DNG which will be time consuming since I also need to save off my user-defined attributes and types and various project configurations for use on the reinstall.

Is there a better way to force a module to be deleted?

One answer

permanent link
Michael Sweger (1311) | answered Apr 25, 5:54 p.m.
I've looked into what ports that ELMS complete toolset uses.

To solve this problem, I disabled all the firewall, the AVAST and Malwarebytes software along with MSofts antivier programs so that anything will be let thru the ports. Thus domain, private and public networks were disabled/turned off.
Hence I'd expect that any antivir/malware tools that could be blocking a network connection on a specific port to be disabled and allow anything and everything through.

Did this fix my problem where DNG runs constantly at 70-100% or any timeout due to me deleting a module of 1800 statements? No!  The only thing I'm gaining from DNG is a computer laptop running at max speed with 6gigs remaining of the max 16 gigs of memory available for use by the applicat and the task manager says it is using 3-4 gigs of my memory and the only result at 70-100% resulting in a laptop that is getting warm to the touch.

so at this time, I say DNG 703 isn't at the point that would be useful for use in a company.....until the tools is more reliable. i don't think the eval Derby database is the latest version either.

As a result, I think our org will remain on DOORS classic...although one may consider it in the future until the basics are fixed with this tool.....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.