It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Defect - link to RQM is broken

Sandro Gross (173) | asked Mar 12, 6:18 a.m.
edited Mar 12, 6:20 a.m.
hi there 

my problem is, that we have broken links between EWM (RTC) and ETM (RQM).

When we create a new defect or add an existing defect, from a test case result in RQM to RTC, we can jump directly to the RTC Defect and all information are linked (Testcase, Test Result, Testplan, …).

if I click on the link in RTC, we cannot jump back to RQM, I always get an error message 

“resource ….  http://rqm-server/..../ was not found”

If I create a defect in RTC and add a link to RQM, e.g. in RTC on the TAB “links” (“add related test result”), I get another problem, Icannot see any test results or other artifacs of the RQM side.

My first idea was, there is a problem with the associations, but I checked this and here is all fine. 

Little strange is, there is another project, different project areas but the same settings and templates and there aren’t any problems, we can see all links and can jump from left to right and back.

*We also using GCM for both projects, same settings and i don't know where the problem is.

Have anyone an idea, what I cannot to see, where the problem is?

ELM Version 7.0.2 SR1

Comments
Sandro Gross commented Mar 12, 6:19 a.m.

ELM Version: 7.0.2 SR1 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (185213) | answered Mar 18, 3:50 a.m.

Hi Sandro,

the navigation from a EWM Defects to the linked ETM Artifacts in a GC-enabled context has several prerequisites:
  • OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping is configured properly in the Process Template
  • The Project Area has Releases configured and these Releases are associated with Global Configurations
  • The Defects have a value set for the Attribute that is configured in the OSLC/Link/Attribute Mapping for the according linktype (e.g. Tested In, Planned For); this should happen automatically when creating a Defect from ETM if the Project Area configuration is correct
Optionally, "Enable user selection of the configuration context" can be activated in the Process Template to show a GC selection dropdown in the Header to select the GC that is used for navigation.

Sandro Gross selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sandro Gross commented Apr 03, 3:58 a.m. | edited Apr 03, 4:11 a.m.

Hello Stefan,

sorry for my late answer. I have just a lot to do ;)
I checked your solution and it works yes and no. 
What I found is, that I can add a test cases of a special "local" component in ETM.

Example:
  • We have more than one local components in ETM, component_A and component_B, ......
  • If I would add an affected test case to a defect in EWM, than will be shown only the test cases of ETM component_A not component_B
  • I don't get a choose option, where I can set component, which I need
*Both local components of ETM and the EWM are already elements in the global configuration

The Configuration Mgmnt is still disabled, I will this option check in our test environment, when it is available again. When ist works, then I must clarify this solution with the team.

Sandro Gross commented Apr 16, 6:47 a.m. | edited unknown

Hello Stefan

that was really helpful, it works, thanks a lot to you .

One other answer

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (185213) | answered Apr 05, 3:49 a.m.
You can select the Component in the selection dialog for the Test Artifact:

Component Selection

Comments
Sandro Gross commented Apr 16, 6:47 a.m. | edited unknown

Hello Stefan

that was really helpful, it works, thanks a lot to you .

Sandro Gross commented Apr 16, 6:51 a.m. | edited unknown

Hello Stefan

that was really helpful, we set the link mapping of affected test result to "found in" and add the global config to the releases, it works perfect.

thanks a lot to you .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.