It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a grid fo attributes in a work item section that can be "incremented" by the push of a button

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Feb 28, 8:10 a.m.
Many moons ago, we (as in an IBM team) created an RTC project that was for Resource Management, it was never used and abandoned but it had a really neat feature that incorporated a table in the work item itself that allowed the users to input a set of data and then had a button to add a new line if needed so you only used as much as that particular work item needed versus cluttering it with the "possibility" of how many rows you'd need.

Does anybody know what that feature was (pretty sure it was a custom piece of XML) and whether we actually saved it anywhere for re-use in other projects ?

Or knows how to do that now ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 29, 2:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Karen,

It is technically possible to create your own work item editor presentations and even custom attribute types. For a full implementation of an editor presentation you need to implement the plugins for the Eclipse client as well as the plugins for the server side, including the Web UI. See https://github.com/jazz-community/rtc-statushistory-presentation as an example for the Web/server part.

I don't know the details of implementing your own custom attribute types, but I know this has been done.

I would suggest to stay away from doing of the things mentioned above. It is hard to do, not well documented and needs to be maintained and migrated.

There used to be a team that created custom extensions, but that does not exist any more.

Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Feb 29, 7:08 a.m.

Thanks Ralph ... that's what I thought might have happened .... pity as it was a really neat feature.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.