It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the REST API to download lots of test scripts

Dib Oglesby (111) | asked Nov 27 '23, 1:34 p.m.

We are looking to download all of our RQM test scripts, including the steps, to put them into spreadsheet pages, but we have a LOT of them, so downloading each one manually is not the preferred option.  I've been looking thru the documentation and forum posts for help or a solution, but they just kind of keep circling back on themselves.  I'm also new to RQM, so everything is starting from the ground up.

SO, is there a way, using a scripting language, to easily loop thru all of our projects, and then all of our test scripts in each project, and download the data? I'm not worried about how they come down, XML is fine, we can deal with the data once we have it.  We are just trying to find a relatively simple way to get that data.  

Thanks in advance for any help, and if there is an easy way that I've just missed, I will accept the appropriate comments!

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Nov 27 '23, 6:02 p.m.

Why not just choose your test cases and then "Execute Offline"? You should get an Excel file (or an .rqms file) to open with the Excel add-in and then you've got your data.

Comments
Dib Oglesby commented Nov 28 '23, 9:20 a.m.

We are looking to import them into Jira, not to execute them

Kevin Murphy commented Nov 28 '23, 10:03 a.m.

You don't have to execute them offline, just get them into excel and then do your JIRA import from there. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.