It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Dashboard does not show correct data of Report Builder widget when Configuration Context is Personal Stream (with Change set)

Kamil Bodecek (11) | asked Oct 17 '23, 8:27 a.m.
I utilize graphs on the Project Dashboard to visualize the status of project artifacts. These graphs are generated using widgets from the Report Builder. The project uses Global Configuration. However, when I switch the context to the Personal Stream and make changes with a Change Set, the graphs on the dashboard do not update to reflect the statuses within the Personal Stream.

DNG version: DOORSNext7.0.2-I20220722_0732

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 17 '23, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The reports are configured for a configuration. Why would they change that, just because you switch your context to a different configuration? 

PS: This is a forum and not a replacement for support. If you think this is a defect, feel free to open a case with support.

Kamil Bodecek commented Oct 18 '23, 2:28 a.m.

If I select GC Stream It shows correct data acc. stream content.

If I select GC Baseline It shows correct data acc. baseline content.
If I select GC Baseline Staging Stream  It shows correct data acc. stream content.

BUT if I select GC Personal Stream  It shows data acc. stream content without changes associated with Change Set allocated to Personal Stream

I would expect that dashboard on Personal Stream will show content acc. included Change Set.

Can someone reply if my expectation works for anyone?
And if not is it topic for IBM to implement that this way?
Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '23, 3:20 a.m.

Is the change set delivered to the stream? 

Kamil Bodecek commented Oct 18 '23, 3:34 a.m.

Not yet. 

If it were then it will work normally as expected.

Dashboard is good "tool" for checking if everything is correctly attributed and linked. That's why I've assumed to run it on not delivered changes

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '23, 4:21 a.m.

If the scope is a stream, reporting would not be able to see change sets that are not delivered to it. 

Kamil Bodecek commented Oct 18 '23, 5:03 a.m.

I changed Context to Change Set only and still the dashboard does not show changes in the Change set.

So in simple words: Tab "Artifacts" shows that Artifact is In Progress but clicking to tab "Project Dashboard" shows all artifacts in Reviewed state. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.