It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible / is there a field type that will allow you to insert a picture as part of the WorkItemType - (so its already in there on creation)

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Jul 19 '23, 9:31 a.m.
I'm well aware that we have field types that support adding in images into field on creation, but my query is about the actual work item template XML and having a field that is pre-populated with a picture so that on creation the work item shows the graphic as part of the editor presentation.

I've been searching but I don't see anything that remotely looks like that is doable

Have CLM 502, 6061 and 7 and need to accommodate in any / all work item types if its possible.

Comments
Karen Steele commented Jul 19 '23, 9:33 a.m.

to add further detail .. I had thought that maybe a "default value" but I couldn't determine which type might be appropriate to drop a picture it, then in the field type for the work item in question associate the default value thereby ensuring that its part of the editor presentation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 19 '23, 9:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To my knowledge, you can not define any images in the template XML and it does also not neccessary help with what you want, because work item types can be changed. 

In https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 in https://jazz.net/library-content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pew-rtc-lab-workbook.pdf in 5.6 we describe a Calculated Value to Visualize the State of the Technology Review. In an essence, you can use a Wiki type attribute to calculate the link to display an image that is attached to a work item. This works because the Hover/Preview mechanism. What your calculation does and what images are shown should be irrelevant.
Maybe this is a idea to look into. 

Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Jul 19 '23, 2:16 p.m.

I was looking at the wiki feature .. that might work .. we'll give it a try . thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.