It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE Document Property to print a table

Chidambaram L (23414287) | asked Jul 13 '23, 10:51 a.m.

I want to print a table in the Cover page using Document Property of RPE Studio.

Document Property Value is a resource from DNG Module. resource is a table.
Instead of printing the table in Word Document, plain text is printed with the font defined in the Word template.
Will Document Property rip off the rich text content of the DNG resource ?

Doc Property

One answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jul 16 '23, 5:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chidambaram,

>Will Document Property rip off the rich text content of the DNG resource?
You asked this as a question. Did you try it yourself and what did you observe? 

When you select both XHTML input and output checkboxes, expectation is that rich text is preserved but how generated output will look would depend on how table was added to the DOORS Next. I often see individuals copy and paste content from MS Word which then adds garbage. This is not visible in the DOORS Next UI but for printing/generating documents, this is causing issues. Hence, it would be great if you share what you observed. 

Comments
Chidambaram L commented Jul 20 '23, 12:10 p.m.
Yes. Rich Text is ripped off. My DNG resource has a table. Table is not printed in the word document. Instead plain text version of the table is printed.

Table in the DNG resource was originally copied from MS Word. Later added a new Resource with a table created in DNG. In both cases, only plain text was printed without table format.

Original Table created in DNG
Original Table in DNG
Printed in Word
Printed In Word as Plain Text

Fariz Saracevic commented Jul 20 '23, 4:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I suggest to open IBM support case to check this out but as far as I remember, table only created using DOORS Next should work. Table originally copied from MS Word would not be displayed as table.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.