It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to solve the error in the Extensibility workshop 7.0.2SR1 "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter"?

Carlos Isacovich (59114) | asked Jul 10 '23, 1:10 p.m.
I advanced installing and configuring the EWM Extensibility workshop version 7.0.2SR1, under Windows Server 2012  without problems until the paragraph Test the RTC Eclipse client launch.
At this point, I configured the workspace ClientWS and imported the com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature. I selected the Debug configuration [RTCExt] RTC Eclipse Client and I checked that all the fields in the tabs Bundles, Main and Common match to the ones shown in the workshop guide. 
Nevertheless, trying to init the debug process, I get an error because cannot find the class EclipseStarter. The log messages are:
!SESSION Mon Jul 10 13:57:22 BRT 2023 ------------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2023-07-10 13:57:22.575
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:610)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:944)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:889)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:872)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:645)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Despite I followed strictly the instructions, and I selected all the plugins available to include in Java Search, there is no org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor plugin in the list. Should I procure that plugin and include in the list?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 11 '23, 1:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I see the same issue. I did not notice, because I usually only develop server extensions. I have no answer ort idea at the moment. You can try to open a case with support. 

Comments
Carlos Isacovich commented Jul 11 '23, 4:35 p.m.

Thanks for your answer Ralph. I'll investigate more in depth this issue.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 12 '23, 1:20 a.m.

At the moment what I know is, that it worked with 7.0.2 and seem to not be working with 7.0.2 SR1.

Note, this is only necessary if you want to develop an Eclipse client extension. Developing server side extensions still works.   

Carlos Isacovich commented Jul 13 '23, 10:57 a.m.
Thank you Ralph.
The prroblem is that I cannot get the workshop lab 7.0.2 from Jazz because it changes automatically to SR1. May you get me a link to download it?
Rgds

Carlos Isacovich commented Jul 13 '23, 7:17 p.m.
It seems that there are more bugs in the Workshop Setup component 7.0.2SR1 version.
Trying to execute the Lab 2, in the paragraph _90, the Eclipse2 Application has no run configurations defined, so it is necessary to create one. Actually, the best solution seems to be downloading the WorkshopSetup component from 7.0.2, but it is no avaliable.
Is it possible to get at least the correct Run configuration for Eclipse2 Application > [RTCExt] RTC Eclipse Client?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '23, 2:02 a.m.

There is no way to access the download for 7.0.2 I would be aware of. Sorry. 
One way of dealing with issues like the launch configurations not showing up, would be to install the zipped version of the EWM Client and add the feature based launches jar to that.

I have seen issues with Eclipse versions and the feature based launches in the past. If the launches do not show up, there is an issue with the com.ibm.team.dev.launch_0.3.13.201605301342.jar not being loaded or recognized. This can happen dependent on which version of Eclipse you download.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.