It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reset values of fields - EWM

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10287273) | asked Feb 09 '23, 8:48 a.m.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it via search. I have the following 2 consistent scenarios:

1. Users are copying work items and forgetting to uncheck certain fields.
  2. Work items are returning to an earlier state, however certain fields need to be returned to "Unassigned".
Does anyone have a solution for this? Is this an API thing? Has anyone posted a sample solution?

thanks for any assistance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 09 '23, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From what I can tell, these are custom business requirements. The tool does not know which fields to check or uncheck when copying work items. It is also not configurable to clear work item attributes on state changes. This is again really the decision of the business and the process they agree upon.

Having said that, it might be possible to detect that a work item was copied in a follow up action/participant. If this is the case, it would be possible to change the fields that are undesired in the follow up action. As a similar request, I created a follow up action that detected that a work item child was created and copied additional custom attributes.

It is possible to detect state changes and work item types in follow up actions/participant. it would be possible to create a follow up action that takes care of the attributes in an additional save.

Here are some examples of participants: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=participant&submit=Search there is also a usually a link to how to get started on them. 

Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.