It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG: Link Explorer: Possible to allow links to cross?

R J (133) | asked Mar 03 '22, 10:35 a.m.
edited Mar 04 '22, 2:37 a.m.

I was wondering if there was any way to make allow the link explorer to cross links.

Scenario:
Two customer requirements each trace into two system level requirements (4 links).

In this simple scenario any human would make four boxes and draw two lines horizontally and two transversally crossing over to the other side. Of course this would lead to links crossing over one another, but it would be immediately clear what is meant by any reader.

By increasing the trace length it is possible to display the second source artifact and with some manual adjustment one can even display it at the right position, but the link explorer shows 6 artifacts because the source artifacts show up twice.

By allowing that links cross this could be resolved. Is it possible?

One answer

permanent link
Jan Jancar (736) | answered Mar 04 '22, 4:00 a.m.

Hello,

this is possible with an IBM Product called (ex RELM) ELO Insights.
Here is example picture, what you can achieve

Let us know if you want to get help to set it up.
Jan
Softacus

Comments
R J commented Mar 04 '22, 4:19 a.m.

Thank you for your answer. I would prefer to stay with the tools that are already present. For now I will play around a bit with the integrated report builder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.