It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Newly Created Artifact unable to display in Module

Keith Knight (9) | asked Jul 21 '21, 9:00 a.m.

I have created a new Artifact (Veriifcation Method) with the necessary Attributes  and Data type.  I wish to display this in a Module.  However when selecting Columns to display, it does not appear initially.  When I select All it does appear with a Checkbox against it.  However selecting the check box and attempting to add or OK the selection does nothing.  I think I am missing an easy step that I cannot find in the IBM Engineering Help Contents.

Comments
Keith Knight commented Jul 29 '21, 9:09 a.m.

Well, given the fact that no one has answered my query, looks like nobody knows!

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '21, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I really wonder that actually someone has made an effort on answering on this question. Reading it, I have no idea what is asked for. 

Keith Knight commented Aug 02 '21, 4:17 a.m.

To clarify, I am producing a Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM) Module against System Requirements.  I have created a Verification Method Artefact with an Enumerated Attribute of methods, Inspection, Demonstration, analysis and Test (IDAT).  So what I wish to display against the SRs is a Column that allows me to select the method against each SR.  I have created this artefact but unable to display it in the VVRM Module.

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Jul 29 '21, 1:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 30 '21, 3:13 a.m.
I have created a new Artifact (Veriifcation Method) 

Do you mean you created a new Artifact Type? I'll assume you have.

Now you'll have to create an artifact of type Verification Method, and NOTE this will appear as a row not a column. If there are type-specific attributes on your artifact type Verification Method then you can add these as columns - they will only have values on artifacts of your type.

BUT also note this is no different from creating an artifact of any other type, here's a couple of ways of doing it using keyboard shortcuts:
  1. Select an existing artifact you want the new artifact after and press control-K, then in the Create Artifact dialog select the Artifact Type e.g. Verification method, put some text in the Initial Content box and click OK.
  2. Or, select a heading and to create a new artifact below it press control-alt-K, then in the Create Artifact dialog select the Artifact Type e.g. Verification method, put some text in the Initial Content box and click OK.

permanent link
Keith Knight (9) | answered Aug 02 '21, 4:28 a.m.

I am happy with the methods you describe.  I can insert as a row.  But I am wanting to display as a column against System Requirements to specify the selected Verification method.  see my Clarification to another response.  As I stated I am probably missing an easy step.  I will admit I have only undertaken the Proof of Technology workshops for DOORS Next on V5 and no formal training!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.